Meaningful Distinction:
 

 
Patrick S. Lasswell Look outward for something to accomplish, not inward for something to despise.
pslblog at gmail dot com
 
 
   
 
Friday, June 17, 2005
 
Towards a Better Definition of Terrorism
I had the misfortune of being subjected to my service's definition of terrorism this last weekend. It was long, meandering, and generally incomprehensible. I will not repeat it here because some of you may be about to operate vehicles or heavy machinery, and I wouldn't want to expose you to a narcolepsy attack. I remarked to a shipmate that the definition was execrable and resolved to do better. Here is what I came up with:

Terrorism: A pious fraud that uses conspicuous acts of violence to steal notoriety unearned by merit or innovation.

I am very interested in improving on this and actively solicit your input. I would really prefer to keep it concise and as simple as possible.
Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives